Halloween is around the corner and plenty to see and do with the great fall weather.
If you’re looking to have some fun with your dog during the spooky season, it’s time to get creative. Here are some of our top picks:
- Your pup can dress up in a costume for Halloween! The options are endless; all you need is a little imagination and creativity, and no one will be able to tell that the adorable pooch who stopped by was actually your furry little friend.
- Take your dog trick-or-treating with you! Note: If it’s too cold outside, encourage them by leaving out tasty treats instead of candy wrapped up in plastic bags (which may cause coughing).
- Have a baking day with your canine companion! Assemble small batches of homemade dog treats so they can share in the joy of baking as well as eat delicious snacks afterward. It’ll be fun for both humans and pups alike! *Please remember chocolate treats are toxic to dogs, always remember to check snack ingredients before feeding!*
There are plenty of reasons why dogs like to dress up, including the fact that it’s amusing for them to see themselves in a different (and often unflattering) way. Another reason is that they feel more comfortable when their fur is kept at a manageable length.
Dressing your pooch up in an adorable costume will make him feel proud and happy—and you’ll have plenty of laughs from the photos you take!
Some fun activities are also around town:
- Rescue Dog Games-ATL’s DOG Howl-O-Ween Festival 10/22/22 – 11 am – 5 pm, Atlanta,GA
- UPPCC Dog Show October 29 Conyers GA
- Wag-O-Ween October 8 – October 23 Savannah GA
- Pups, Pumpkins, and Pints! Oct 29 at 12:30 PM-04:00 Urban Tree Cidery | Atlanta
- WoodRUFF Bark Halloween Dog Parade and Festival